What You’ll Do
The Instructional Designer will oversee and support all training content development for the operations’ team. This person is responsible for actively seeking opportunities to craft new training programs, enhance existing programs and create learning experiences that benefit our Associates’ learning. The focus is on venue training designed to ensure a flawless guest experience.
The Senior Instructional Designer is responsible for developing and designing well defined Instructional Design methodologies, principals and processes based on existing models (ADDIE, Gagne’s Nine events and Bloom’s Taxonomy) but further refined to fit into the Topgolf model and culture. They are also responsible for the formal process execution and content production of the Instructional Design team.
How You’ll Do It
• Help mentor a team of Instructional Designers and equip them with the knowledge, skills and best practices required to develop high impact, modern learning which will focus on current adult learning practices.
• Develop intake, design, project management and evaluation methodologies that incorporate into the Topgolf Culture.
• Be responsible for all content management, updates, and quality assurance.
• Work closely with the LMS system administrator to ensure all classes and associated data points are captured and reported as required.
• Work closely with Regional Training Managers to continuously design and develop new and cutting edge learning materials.
• Work closely with Ops Services in order to “translate” Operating Procedures into learning materials that reflect our culture, brand and adult learning preferences.
• Capture data to verify that all venues are adhering to training guidelines and completing steps required during and following the rollout of Topgolf training programs.
• Design classes and workshops individually and in co-ordination with Ops Services, SME’s and venue Associates with a strong focus on creating an exceptional Associate and Guest experience.
• Liaise with the Training Managers, in partnership with the Regional Training Managers to provide current training materials.
• To track all assessments, certifications along with any uploaded data provided by venues to ensure they are complete and to brand standards.
• Clearly display passion for training and our company training programs through your communication.
• Listen to feedback during and after training programs are launched with a view to making necessary improvements.
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve our Training outcomes. Create proposals for improvements and communicate this to leadership in a timely and effective manner.
• Execute other tasks as required.
What We’re Looking For
• Minimum 5+ years Instructional Design experience
• Minimum 2+ years in a mentoring or process development role
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of instructional design, branding and adult learning theory
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs
• Excellent communication, time management and organization skills
• Friendly, positive, outgoing personality who relates well and gets along with people
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A self-starter able to manage a busy work flow
• A high level of self-awareness, receptivity to change and integrity
Topgolf inspires the connections that bring people together for unforgettable good times. Whether it's a date night, girls' night, family outing, happy hour, work breakfast, lunch hour or any other kind of hour, Topgolf makes socializing a sport – literally. Through the premium experience of Play, Food and Music, Topgolf is inspiring people of all ages and skill levels – even non-golfers – to come together for playful competition. Topgolf also brings interactive experiences to the community that facilitate shared moments and deep relationships through Topgolf U golf lessons, weekly leagues, The Topgolf Tour competition, KidZone parties, social and corporate team-building events, and the World Golf Tour (WGT) app. Each venue features high-tech, climate-controlled hitting bays for year-round comfort, delicious food and beverage, live events, music, hundreds of HDTVs and outstanding hospitality. With 31 venues entertaining 10.5 million Guests annually and the world's largest digital golf audience, Topgolf is creating the best times of your life both in-venue and online. To learn more about Topgolf, follow @Topgolf or visit www.topgolf.com.
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.